The Early Childhood and Out-of-School Time Tuition Assistance Program connected to our Preschool Development Grant is available through our partnership with Granite State College and the NH Department of Health and Human Services Division of Environmental Health Services. The goal of this program is to enable individuals to increase their knowledge and skills, while working in the field of Early Care and Education and in licensed out-of-school-time programs.
We are now accepting applications for the Summer 2023 term. To apply please use our online application form. We will accept applications through the end of the drop/add session for the term.
We will begin accepting applications for Fall 2023 mid-July. An updated application and eligible course list will be posted then.
Eligible Course List
View the Summer 2023 Eligible Course List (PDF)
Please choose the button below that best matches your current status. Be aware that you will need to enter your employer’s email address to begin the form. Instructions (PDF)
Tuition assistance awards are not based on financial need. To be considered for this assistance, students must:
- Be working, at least 20 hours per week in an approved NH licensed preschool, working with infants and/or preschool-aged children or in an NH licensed out-of-school program. Directors are required to work 30 hours per week.
- Apply each term, before the end of the drop/add session, for consideration.
- Eligible applicants may receive two tuition awards per semester.
- Register for an eligible CCSNH ECE course.
- Complete awarded courses with a grade of “C” or better or awarded funds will be taken back.
- Eligible students are allowed two tuition awards per term.
- 100% tuition awards are made for ECE courses taught by faculty possessing the NH Early Childhood Professional Development Specialist Credential. Please check our eligible course list.
- Non-ECE courses are not eligible for awards, even if they are required for degree completion.
- Students are responsible for all other expenses including tuition balances, books and fees.
- Students must complete their awarded course(s) with a grade of “C” or better. If this does not happen the award(s) are taken back; students will be charged the amount of their award(s).
Links at the top of this page provide access to the application form and the list indicating the Eligible ECTA courses for the term.
- We begin processing applications four weeks before courses begin, through the end of the drop/add session for the term.
- Students begin the application form by entering their program director/employer’s email address. This is necessary so that the form can be forward to them.
- Students complete the first sections of the form, indicating contact, employment and course information. After all items are complete, the student submits the form.
- A link to the form is sent to the director/employer’s email address. Employment details are confirmed by signature and submitted for processing.
- Our office processes applications as they are received. Students are notified about their awards via email to the address provided on their application. Students can log into Dynamic Forms to obtain a copy of their completed application form for their records.
- Award letters are emailed to eligible recipients indicating both the award amount and the specific approved course. Our colleges are notified of new awards within one business day.
- Award letters do not guarantee enrollment in the awarded course. You must register directly with your college.
- Students are required to complete the funded course, with a grade of “C” or better, through this program. If unsuccessful, students will be charged the amount of their award.
- Recipients agree to complete a short email survey about this program near the end of the term.
- Recipients are expected to maintain employment in the field of early care and education for three months post-course-completion.
- Contact Nicole Fragala, GSC Career Mentor, to investigate and complete the Credentialing application process and obtain your initial Early Childhood Professional Credential. Links related to this process, and other important details, are available below.
Contact: Teri Laflamme
Early Childhood Education Tuition Assistance Coordinator