ECTA supports New Hampshire’s efforts to provide tuition assistance for child care teachers and directors of young children. Our partnership with UNH-College of Professional Studies and the DHHS Division of Children Youth & Families enables individuals to increase their knowledge and skills, while working in the field of Early Care and Education. Students, working at least 20 hours per week in a NH licensed early childhood program, are invited to apply.
Please go to our ECE Programs page to find our application links.
Tuition assistance awards are not based on financial need. To be considered for this assistance, students must:
- Be working, at least 20 hours per week in an approved NH licensed childcare program, working with infants and/or preschool-aged children. Directors are required to work 30 hours per week.
- Apply each term, before the end of the drop/add session, for consideration.
- Register for an eligible CCSNH ECE course. Be aware that successful completion is required or awarded funds will be taken back.
- Eligible applicants may receive one award per semester.
- 100% tuition paid for the students first introductory ECE course. Preferably this is either Growth and Development of the Young Child or Foundations of ECE.
- 100% tuition paid for several specific courses focusing on critical shortage areas in New Hampshire. Prerequisites are required for these courses
- Infant & Toddler Development
- Early Childhood Special Needs
- Positive Behavior Guidance
- 50% tuition awards are made for other ECE courses.
- Non-ECE courses are not eligible for awards, even if they are required for degree completion.
- Students are responsible for all other expenses including tuition balances, books and fees.
- Students must successfully complete the course they receive an award for. If unsuccessful, students will be charged the amount of their award.