ECTA is available through our partnership with Granite State College and the DHHS Division of Children Youth & Families. The goal of the program is to enable individuals to increase their knowledge and skills, while working in the field of Early Care and Education. Students, working at least 20 hours per week in a NH licensed early childhood program, are invited to apply. Additional support is provided to assist students as they obtain the NH Early Childhood Professional Credential.
We are accepting and processing ECTA applications for the Spring 2021 term. We encourage applicants are encouraged to email a pdf. copy of their completed/signed application form directly to our office.
We are initiating our waitlist procedures. We expect to have the opportunity to award multiple waitlist candidates after we confirm successful completion for fall awardees and process take-backs for individuals who did not successfully complete. This will be finished as we enter January. We will notify selected recipients as quickly as possible. Thank you for you patience.
Tuition assistance awards are not based on financial need. To be considered for this assistance, students must:
- Be working, at least 20 hours per week in an approved NH licensed childcare program, working with infants and/or preschool-aged children. Directors are required to work 30 hours per week.
- Apply each term, before the end of the drop/add session, for consideration.
- Register for an eligible CCSNH ECE course. Be aware that successful completion is required or awarded funds will be taken back.
- Eligible applicants may receive one award per semester.
- 100% tuition paid for the students first introductory ECE course. Preferably this is either Growth and Development of the Young Child or Foundations of ECE.
- 100% tuition paid for several specific courses focusing on critical shortage areas in New Hampshire. Prerequisites are required for these courses
- Infant & Toddler Development
- Early Childhood Special Needs
- Positive Behavior Guidance
- 50% tuition awards are made for other ECE courses.
- Non-ECE courses are not eligible for awards, even if they are required for degree completion.
- Students are responsible for all other expenses including tuition balances, books and fees.
- Students must successfully complete the course they receive an award for. If unsuccessful, students will be charged the amount of their award.
Eligible ECTA courses, available through our seven colleges, and our current application form are posted below.
- Applications are processed each term, 6 weeks before courses begin until the end of the drop/add period for the term, or as long as funds are available.
- Applications are typically processed within 3 days.
- Applications are sorted by college and processed in the order received by our office.
- Applications must include both employer and student signatures.
- Include your email address to help us connect with you with questions or important information about this program. Award letters are emailed to eligible students.
- Mail or fax (603-271-2725) your application to our office for processing.
- Award letters are emailed to eligible recipients indicating both the award amount and the specific approved course. Our colleges are notified of new awards within two business days.
- Award letters do not guarantee enrollment in the awarded course. You must register directly with your college.
- Students are required to complete the course funded through this program. If unsuccessful, students will be charged the amount of their award.
- Recipients agree to complete a short email survey about this program near the end of the term.
- Recipients are expected to maintain employment in the field of early care and education for three months post-course-completion.
- Contact Nicole Fragala, GSC Career Mentor, to investigate and complete the Credentialing application process and obtain your initial Early Childhood Professional Credential. Links related to this process, and other important details, are available below.
Contact: Teri Laflamme
Early Childhood Education Tuition Assistance Coordinator
Phone: (603) 230-3531
Fax: (603) 271-2725
Updated Application Form – July 2019