Community College System of New Hampshire Tuition and Fees: Academic Year 2020 – 2021
In addition to having the lowest college tuition in New Hampshire, the Community College System of New Hampshire (CCSNH) strives to make college affordable through scholarships and loans. The Foundation for NH Community Colleges provides scholarship assistance to eligible students enrolled at any College within the system, and each College offers financial aid in the forms of grant aid, work study, and loans.
CCSNH charges the following tuition rates for academic year 2020 – 2021:
In-State and all online courses $215 per credit hour
New England Regional*
$323 per credit hour
$490 per credit hour
As an example, an Associate of Arts program is a minimum of 60 credit hours. Therefore, the total tuition cost of the two-year program is 60 X $215, or $12,900 over two years – $3,225 per semester. This calculation does not include financial aid, nor does it include fees or credits that may be required above 60 credit hours. Rather it is intended to illustrate how per-credit-hour prices cost per-semester and per-program.
A non-refundable fee of $100 is charged for admission of international students. Additionally, colleges may require a non-refundable tuition deposit of $100.
All tuition and fees are subject to change without prior notice.
*The New England Regional Student Program is available through the New England Board of Higher Education (nebhe.org)
In addition to financial aid and scholarships, CCSNH offers discounts for many people. These include:
- Students who live within fifty miles of a College but live out-of-state may be eligible to pay the in-state rate instead of New England Regional. Contact your College’s Business Office to learn more.
- CCSNH charges dual enrollment students in our Early College program half-price tuition
- Dual-credit students taught in NH high schools as part of the Running Start program pay only $150 per course (prorated for courses fewer than three credit hours).
- Eligible full-time CCSNH employees do not pay tuition, nor comprehensive student and academic instruction fee. Their dependents pay half-price tuition, plus applicable fees.
- Each Running Start faculty member receives one course voucher for every Running Start course taught to be used toward cost of tuition (fees excluded) and may elect to transfer this voucher.
- Preceptors / Clinical or practicum supervisors receive non-transferable fifty percent tuition vouchers for one course or workshop (these cannot be combined with any other discount).
- Senior citizens pay half price tuition on credit courses, as well as all applicable fees.
- National Guard members meeting prerequisites of the National Guard Education Assistance Program do not pay tuition, though are subject to all applicable fees and must matriculate into a degree-enhancing program.
CCSNH provides other discounts and tuition waivers. For information on these and other scholarships, call your College’s Financial Aid Office.
More information on fees can be found here.
See individual College websites for information on fees specific to a College and/or program.