Your education is an investment to last a lifetime. The Community College System of New Hampshire Financial Aid Offices are committed to working with you to secure eligible funding so you can achieve your goals. 

A few things you should know before getting started:

  • You have to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year.
  • You have to be matriculated (formally accepted) into a financial aid-eligible program.
  • Every matriculated student could be eligible for federal aid.
  • Scholarships and grants are a great way to offset college costs, and you can apply for many with just one application!


Students who have a Bachelor’s degree may be eligible for student loans, but are not eligible for Federal Pell Grant or Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG).

An eligible certificate program requires 16 or more credit hours for completion. Federal loans are prorated for programs requiring 16 to 23 credits for completion. Students in certificate programs requiring less than 31 credits are only eligible to receive first year level loan limits.

To qualify for Direct Student Loans (DL) students need to be enrolled in 6 eligible credits Audited courses, Transfer Credits, Credit by Exam and Experiential Learning Credits do not count towards eligibility.

Consortium Agreements are available at the home college Financial Aid Office if a student wants to use financial aid to pay for courses at more than one CCSNH College.

To maximize Pell grant eligibility, a student must be registered for all courses prior to the primary census date within that semester.  Students may contact the Financial Aid office for clarification.

Summary of HEA Section 484 Eligibility Requirements

A PDF of HEA Section 484 Eligibility Requirements is available.

WordPress PopUp Plugin