Build skills. Build confidence. Build your career.
WorkReadyNH is a practical, tuition-free program designed to meet the needs of job seekers and career builders by providing training in specific skills that employers are looking for in their current and future employees.
How it Works:
Participate in a blend of online group and independent work where you will learn powerful soft skills that include:
- Building a Personal Profile
- Showcasing Your Skills
- Knowing what Employers Expect
- Communication Strategies
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Effective Teamwork
- Customer Service
- Business Ethics
- Safety in the Workplace
- Harassment and Diversity
- Creating Your Personal Brand
Online Independent Work
Improve essential workplace skills through online self-paced tutorials that include:
- Reading Workplace Documents
- Applied Math
- Graphs and Charts
As part of the program you will be assessed on your ability to use soft skills and essential workplace skills to earn a WorkReadyNH Certificate and a National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC®).
What you’ll do:
- Understand how to better use your personal strengths
- Improve problem solving
- Engage in teamwork activities
- Work effectively and efficiently
- Develop and refine professional skills
- Practice goal setting and time management
- Sharpen essential workplace skills
- Learn tips to create a more powerful resume
- Boost interview skills
- GAIN CONFIDENCE!
Graduates earn two highly recognized credentials & a digital badge:
1. WorkReadyNH Certificate
This credential from the Community College System of NH signals to employers that the graduate has gained the soft skills employers want most.
2. National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
Issued by ACT, the NCRC is a portable, evidenced-based credential that measures essential workplace skills and is a reliable predictor of workplace success. The certificate levels are tied to an extensive database of careers.
3. WorkReadyNH Digital Badge
Who WorkReadyNH graduates are:
WorkReadyNH graduates come from all walks of life and are committed to their professional growth. Their most frequent comments are that they wish that the program was longer and that the #1 thing they gained from WorkReadyNH was CONFIDENCE!
- Age – 16 – 80+ years old
- Education – No high school diploma to Master’s and Ph.D.
- Work Experience – No experience to 50+ years of experience from all job sectors
- Employment status – unemployed, underemployed, fully employed
Benefits to Job Seekers
- Improve the skills employers want most
- Update your resume and interview skills
- Earn 2 certificates
- Boost CONFIDENCE
Then let employers know you have the skills they want and need!
Benefits to Employers
WorkReadyNH was developed after discussions with New Hampshire employers LIKE YOU who want to strengthen their workforce. Companies want employees who can:
- Read and apply
- Analyze information to determine correct actions
- Work together with co-workers to get the job done
- Are effective and efficient in their jobs
This tuition-FREE program is available only to NH residents.
Connect With Us
Click on the Facebook and LinkedIn icons below to connect with WorkReadyNH and see what goes on in the class.
The mission of WorkReadyNH is to strengthen NH’s workforce through the dynamic delivery of high quality training and certification in essential workplace skills to benefit participants, employers, and the greater NH community.