Early Childhood Education Tuition Assistance
This grant program is available through a partnership with Granite State College and the Division of Children Youth & Families, Department of Health and Human Resources. Eligible students may receive assistance for one ECE Course per term. The goal of this program is to enable individuals working in the field to increase knowledge and skills, to obtain and maintain the NH Early Childhood Professional Credential. CCSNH students, working at least 25 hours per week in a NH licensed early childhood program are invited to apply.
We will begin processing applications for Fall 2014 awards in mid-July. Please be sure to use our updated application form located in the right-hand margin. It is important for you to complete every item. We need to know your position, the ages of the children you work with and your current credential level. Don’t forget to obtain your director’s signature to verify your employment! Your signature confirms understanding of the rules connected to this program.
Applications will be accepted through the end of the drop/add session for the term.
We look forward to helping you as you work to expand your professional skills as you help our children and families.
Currently eligible courses are listed on our schedule in the margin. Please check this link frequently, as additional courses will be added. Applications are typically processed within 2 days. Include an email address to help us connect with you with questions or important information about this program. Please monitor your email, including your student email, after applying. Award letters are mailed to eligible students and colleges are notified as awards are granted.
Eligibility requirements include:
- employment in an approved NH licensed child care program
- registration/participation in an approved ECE course
- Tuition assistance awards are not based on financial need.
100% tuition paid for the students first introductory ECE course:
- Foundations of ECE
- Growth & Development of the Young Child
- Health Safety & Nutrition
- Several specific courses including Infant & Toddler Development and Early Childhood Special Needs are also eligible for full tuition awards.
- 50% tuition assistance for other ECE courses; non-ECE courses are not eligible for awards, even if they are required to complete your degree.
- Students are responsible for all other expenses including tuition balances, books and comprehensive fees.
- Apply each semester to be considered for this assistance. Applicants are eligible for only 1 award per semester.
- Applications are processed each term, 6 weeks before courses begin through the end of the drop/add period for the term, or as long as funds are available.
- Applications are processed in the order received by our office.
- Original applications with both employer and student signatures are required. If you choose to fax a copy to our office, you must also mail the signed original application form.
- Specific completion directions are included on the application form.
- Award letters are mailed to eligible recipients indicating the approved course, the award amount, and instructions to ensure the award is applied to your student account.
- Recipients are obligated to maintain employment in the field of early care and education for three months post-course-completion. Individuals leaving the field will be required to repay the award funds received.
- Recipients agree to participate in a short email survey.
- Award letters do not guarantee placement in the course.
- Students are required to complete the course funded through this program. Students dropping late assume the expense of the tuition cost awarded.
Also, be sure to check with the Financial Aid Office at your CCSNH College to see what other funds may be available to help offset your educational costs.