How to Apply for Financial Aid
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.studentaid.gov each academic year you remain in college. Additional information/requirements may be requested by your home college. The myStudentAid app may be downloaded on the Google and Apple store and allows for completion of the FAFSA.
The FAFSA is available October 1 each year. Applications are accepted all year long, but some aid is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis so it is best to apply as early as possible.
For the Financial Aid Office to offer aid a student must:
- Complete the current aid year FAFSA
- Be matriculated into a financial aid eligible program
- Complete all the steps and requirements requested of you by the Financial Aid Office
- Be meeting the standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress
A student can accept his/her financial aid, in part or in whole, online through the Student Information System (SIS).
Financial Aid will not disburse unless:
- The student is enrolled in the required eligible credits to warrant the specific aid fund
- The student has completed the requirements for each fund