Orientation to Online Learning
New to Online Learning?
- Online courses consist entirely of online interactions: with content, the instructor, and other students
- Online classes are mostly asynchronous (students and instructors are not required to be online at the same time), however students may be asked to meet for a class session online
- Online classes are not self-paced, have regular (weekly) due dates and require as much work each week as face-to-face classes
- Self-directed learning behaviors and good time management skills are mandatory for successful online learning
- Many courses rely heavily on students' ability to learn and use new technologies
- Occasionally students may be required to record audio and/or video of themselves when participating in online discussions
- Students may be required to work together at a distance on group projects
- CCSNH online courses are delivered through Canvas Learning Management System (LMS)
Are you considering an Online Course?
Did you know some classes may require you to download the following free software?
- Acrobat Reader
- Real Media Player
- Flash Player
- QuickTime Player
- Office 365 (free with CCSNH EasyLogin credentials)
Already taking an Online Course and need help accessing Canvas, SIS and Email and/or reseting your EasyLogin password?