Orientation to Online Learning
New to Online Learning?
- Online courses consist entirely of online interactions: with content, the instructor, and other students
- Online classes are mostly asynchronous (students and instructors are not required to be online at the same time), however students may be asked to meet for a class session online
- Online classes are not self-paced, have regular (weekly) due dates and require as much work each week as face-to-face classes
- Self-directed learning behaviors and good time management skills are mandatory for successful online learning
- Many courses rely heavily on students' ability to learn and use new technologies
- Occasionally students may be required to record audio and/or video of themselves when participating in online discussions
- Students may be required to work together at a distance on group projects
- CCSNH online courses are delivered through Canvas Learning Management System (LMS)
Are you considering an Online Course?
- Self Evaluation for Potential Online Students
- What makes a Successful Online Student?
- Canvas: Browser and Operating System Requirements
- Canvas Student Tour by Instructure
Did you know some classes may require you to download the following free software?
- Acrobat Reader
- Real Media Player
- Flash Player
- QuickTime Player
- Office 365 (free with CCSNH EasyLogin credentials)
Already taking an Online Course and need help accessing Canvas, SIS and Email and/or reseting your EasyLogin password?