This manual is maintained by the Director of Capital Planning and Development. You can access the different sections through the links below. The document is in PDF format.
Development and Administration Process
The Community College System of New Hampshire (CCSNH) encourages faculty, staff and administrators to review the process for Facilities Capital Improvement Projects.
Capital Planning and Development Policy and Procedure Manual
The CCSNH Capital Planning and Development Office has developed a Capital Planning and Development Policy and Procedure Manual to provide guidance with respect to the system’s policies and procedures related to the Facilities Capital Planning and Development proposal process and administration responsibilities.
- Chapter 1: Introduction: Purpose and organization of the manual.
- Chapter 2: Mission Statement: The mission of the department of Capital Planning and Development
- Chapter 3: Planning and Master Planning: Facilities Master Planning Process
- Chapter 4: Capital Budget Process: The State Capital Budget Process
- Chapter 5: Design & Construction Policy and Procedures: Contains general design and construction policy
- Chapter 6: Building and Fire Code Policy: The Building Code is enforced to insure public safety, health, and welfare in the built environment
- Chapter 7: Project Delivery Methods: The Community College System of New Hampshire intends to make the best and most cost-effective use of construction funding and to build high quality facilities respective to functionality and appearance. Regardless of the delivery system, the CCSNH awards design contracts through a qualifications based process and awards construction contracts to the lowest, most responsive, most responsible bidder or bidders based on pre-established criteria
- Chapter 8: Competitive Bid (Design-Bid-Build) Project Delivery Method: This chapter outlines the procedure for design and construction procurement using the Competitive Bid project delivery method
- Chapter 9: Design Build Project Delivery Method. This chapter outlines the procedure and construction using the Design-Build project delivery method.
- Chapter 10: Construction Manager at Risk Project Delivery. This chapter outlines the procedure for design and construction procurement using the Construction Manager at Risk (CMR) project delivery method. Criteria to be considered in determined if a project is a good candidate for construction management at risk are outlined in Chapter 8.
- Chapter 11: Glossary and Definition of Terms
- Chapter 12: Links to CCSNH SysNet, CCSNH policies, and Federal websites