No-Cost and Low-Cost Textbooks and Other Course Materials
CCSNH and the CCSNH Board of Trustees have identified the adoption of no-cost and low-cost educational resources, including Open Educational Resources (OER), as a system-wide priority. The advantages of increased use of open resources include lower course material costs for students, enhanced attainment of learning outcomes, improved student access to learning materials, and greater flexibility for instructors to customize learning materials.
Support and encourage instructors to adopt, revise, create, and share OER course materials that increase student learning and student access to high quality, innovative course materials at a substantially lower cost.
Open CCSNH imagines a future where educational materials are openly accessible to all CCSNH students at no or low cost, and where faculty have the resources they need to enhance student success through collaboration with each other and their students on open educational resources.
Open CCSNH Contacts on Each Campus
Each campus has representatives to the system’s OER taskforce as well as its own campus taskforce. Reach out to anyone on this list for more information and support.
- Manchester CC: Deb Baker email@example.com
- Great Bay CC: Becky Clerkin firstname.lastname@example.org
- White Mountains CC: Melissa Laplante email@example.com
- Nashua CC: Jennifer Tripp firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHTI: Kerry Cook email@example.com, Alan Lindsay firstname.lastname@example.org
- River Valley CC: Rich Andrusiak email@example.com, Julie Robinson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lakes Region CC: Penelope Garrett email@example.com
- System Office: Meghan Eckner firstname.lastname@example.org (OER Coordinator), Alisa Kadenic-Newman (CCSNH Director of Academic Technology) email@example.com, Jenn Cournoyer (River Valley CC Interim VP Academic and Student Affairs) firstname.lastname@example.org