Financial Aid / Scholarships

Financial Aid / Scholarships

Welcome to the financial aid process. The Financial Aid Office staff recognizes that education is an investment that will last a lifetime. We are committed to working with you to secure all eligible funding so that you can achieve your educational goals.

What Is Financial Aid?

BooksFinancial aid provides funds for direct and indirect college expenses. Direct expenses are generally those expenses charged directly to your student account, such as tuition, fees, room and board if you live on campus. Indirect expenses are those that you pay for out of pocket such as for books and transportation to and from college. These funds come in three forms: grants/scholarships which do not have to be repaid; loans which require repayment; and part-time federal work-study jobs for which the student earns an hourly wage. Students who are awarded financial aid may receive any or all of these forms of aid.

Who Is Eligible?

To receive federal, state, or institutional funds administered by a CCSNH Financial Aid Office, you must:

  • Be admitted to a degree-granting or an eligible certificate program at the institution that you are attending
  • Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
  • Be enrolled for a minimum of six credits as an undergraduate (except for Pell Grant consideration)
  • Be meeting the Satisfactory Academic Policy as defined by the Financial Aid Office
  • Be registered with Selective Service (male students only)
  • Not be in default on a student loan
  • Not owe a refund on any federal (Title IV) aid
  • Not have aid eligibility suspended or terminated due to a drug-related conviction that occurred while receiving Title IV assistance
  • Not be receiving federal or state financial aid from another institution for the same enrollment period Students with prior baccalaureates are not eligible to receive Pell, SEOG or ACG grants. An eligible certificate program must be 16 credit hours or more. Financial aid must be prorated for programs that are less than 30 weeks in any academic year. A student must be at least half-time in order to qualify for Federal Family Education Loans. In a regular length semester, half-time is the equivalent of six credits. Audited courses, Transfer Credits, Credit by Exam and Experiential Learning Credits do not count towards eligibility.

Scholarships Available:

There is an online scholarship application for many scholarships available through the CCSNH individual college and/or the Community College of NH Foundation.
The link to this online scholarship application is here:
Click here for instructions
Additional scholarships may be available at the local college’s Financial Aid Office.